It’s a cold and dreary day here in Colorado and I am feeling a bit under the weather. I don’t get it, yesterday it was 60 degrees F and today there’s a winter weather advisory at 27 degrees F. I figured what better way to make today a little more cheery, why not review my favorite foundation. I know I am waaaaaaaay late to the party since it came out in 2015 and there are multiple reviews on YouTube but I wanted to put my two cents in.
First, I’d like to express that I don’t get to wear makeup daily. I work in a disgusting environment (microbiology) and its so dry in there that I’m always touching my face. I also work nights and I literally get ready at 9pm to be at work at 10pm. However, when I do wear makeup, this is what I always make a grab for.
I discovered Too Faced Born This Way waaaaaaaay late. I can’t even remember when, I was just watching a YouTube beauty guru for giggles and she used this foundation. After that I did a little research and I finally decided I needed to purchase it. I have very fair skin and I am on the pale side, so I swatched a few in Ulta and had my dear husband help me pick out the right shade. I ended up going with the shade Porcelain and even what I have a slight tan, it still works with my skin tone. Lets get on with the review!
“Born This Way is an oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup and skin. For coverage so undetectable, you can’t see the makeup and you can’t see imperfections—all that’s left is naturally radiant skin that looks like you were Born This Way. ” – This is the claim that Too Faced makes about their product. They also state that their product is:
- Medium-to-full undetectable coverage
- Coconut Water helps delicately replenish skin’s moisture levels without overhydrating—for the look of radiant skin
- Infused with the resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity
- Hyaluronic Acid helps balance skin for a smoother, more youthful appearance
- APPLICATION TIP: For medium coverage, apply a small amount from the center of the face outward and blend with fingertips, sponge, or brush. Build to full coverage by layering as needed.
I’ve gathered a list of pros and some cons about this product after using it for over a year. These are my opinions and it’s okay if you don’t share them. This is what makes it my favorite high end foundation:
- The application of this product is so smooth, I feel like it glides onto my face.
- I enjoy the smell of it, some foundations have a weird smell but with this one it just smells fresh and light.
- I found it to be hydrating, which is a huge plus. However, if I wear it in the winter I cannot wear a primer underneath it. It will suck all the moisture out of my skin, even when I use a setting spray.
- The coverage was amazing, I have super rosy cheeks and I feel like it covered them up with minimal redness showing through.
- Because of my rosy cheeks, I did have to layer foundation but as I put it on I didn’t notice any caking or anything to make it look weird.
- It’s long lasting! A while back, we went on a cross Colorado trip and stopped off to hike a few places. I decided to do a no makeup makeup day (wasn’t really thinking) and it held up to the heat and sweat from the days hike. It didn’t melt off my face.
- Now this sound super silly, but because it came with a pump I absolutely love it. When a product doesn’t come with a pump, I am a little turned off by it. I will use it, but I feel like its wasteful because I can’t always control the amount that is coming out.
Some other pros that don’t necessarily apply to me but they come with a range of 18 different shades. I know its nowhere near the amount of shades MAC has but it’s still a decent amount. I also enjoy the frosted glass of the packaging, it makes it look classy and elegant in my opinion.
Now for cons, I racked my brain trying to come up with some cons and could only come up with a few.
- The price. Even though its not widely expensive like some of the foundations out there, it is a bit hard to shell out $39 for something. However, if you do adore something then you don’t mind repurchasing it. I would definitely repurchase this product.
- There is no SPF. I normally gravitate towards foundations with SPF in them since skin cancer doesn’t run in my family. As I get older, I am more aware of how harmful the rays can be so I like to take precautions. I DO wear a lotion with SPF when I am out during the day, so no problem there.
So yeah! Bottom line is, I give this foundation a 5/5. I love the application, the way it makes my skin feel, the shade is perfect for me, great coverage,and very long lasting.
I hope this is helpful and sorry for it being a bit choppy , its my VERY first review.